Renata BWT-94 battery tester for 1,55 V silver oxide coins and 3 V lithium batteries. Including stepping motor test for a quick check without opening the watch.
- 1. Select the battery type (Silver 1.55 V or Lithium 3.0 V) using the switch at the right of the device. The Silver 1.55 V position is also suitable for alkaline/manganese button cells.
- 2. Place the battery plus side down on the testing point and press the contact spring against the negative battery side.
- 3. The pointer of the measuring instrument should be withing the green dial area.
- 4. If the needle fails to reach the green area with the tester at correct setting, the battery is discharged and needs to be replaced.
Important: Unclean batteries or contact areas of the tester may falsify test results.
- 1. Battery and watch testing functions are independent of each other. You may check a watch and test batteries at the same time.
- 2. Unlike the "Watch Test" circuit, battery testing requires no internal battery power and can be performed even if the tester's CR2430 lithium battery has run out.
- 3. To prevent incorrect "Watch Test" results, avoid close proximity to strong magnetic fields as generated by computer monitors, electronical motors, etc.